Saturday, January 17, 2009

A big leap.

Hello,

This week I finally did what I should have done a year ago. I finally attended my church's youth service!

Well, the main reason why I did not want to go to the youth service was because of the amount of people there. I come from a church with thousands of people, and I was quite shy then. But praise be to God, he gave me the courage to finally go to the service and boy did i enjoy it!

The service had some pre-service activities, and it was called : that japanese game show!

As you can see in the picture, the decorations were great and elaborate. People were dressed up as ninjas and sumos and so on. My friend told me to dress like a ninja, but I think it was a failure. :D We all looked as if we were going to a funeral!

The service itself was great, we sang great songs from the band hillsong united, and to top it off, our pastor preached a really powerful sermon. The sermon was about faith momentum, and that in our studies and all, we need to keep focusing our main thoughts and time on God, and so this will steadily create a faith momentum. Gradually, the momentum will become so great, we will be unshakable! :D

But also remember that all in all, it is not our faith, but its God's grace towards us that pleases him. Just accept and believe in him, that is the best thing to please God.

I really thank God for giving me such friends in this youth service, for if I did not have them, I would have never had gone to the service!

Chestnut

No comments:

Post a Comment